compensation: Wage starting at $26.00 per hour depending upon experience. employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Kinesiologists wanted for the Caribou Region.
We are looking for a Kinesiologist to join our team in the Williams Lake, 100 Mile House, Quesnel, and other geographical areas in the Caribou Region.
Part-time contract work with variable hours. Work under the direction of a private Occupational Therapist. Applicants need to be independent, and able to travel with a reliable vehicle. Hourly rate dependent upon experience; starting at $26.00 per hour.
-Development of goal-directed in-home/gym exercise and stretching protocols
- Post-concussion management programming (training provided post-hire)
-Travel required (in winter as well)
- Need to be comfortable occasionally transporting clients to and from the gym/office as case necessitates
Key aspects of the position may include, but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates competency to perform a comprehensive assessment, referral and evaluation of patient care across the continuum of health care services for patients with chronic disease and/or complex health conditions
• Provides limited functional assessments, to establish physical tolerance's
• Collaborates with the patient and/or caregiver to identify and choose treatment or care options, patient health goals and appropriate health targets
• Able to assess the client in terms of strength, mobility and other physical concerns and then prescribe an appropriate exercise rehabilitation program.
Must use objective assessments to determine functional levels & use as outcome measures
• Assist with a gradual return to work plans (e.g. job demands analysis)
• Recognizes determinants of health affecting patients and supports health protection interventions that promote healthy environments
• Maintains standards of care and addresses quality improvement and risk management issues by using best practice processes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, evolving environment
• Ability to design, create and implement programs of service design
• Computer skills are required in addition to good written and oral communication
• Knowledge of exercise software
• Experience in a clinic an asset
Qualifications and Requirements: _(Minimum Required)_
Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology
Minimum 1-year experience
Need to have appropriate vehicle insurance to transport clients (with a minimum 2 million liability on insurance)
Require criminal records check
Valid driver’s licence
Personal liability insurance
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers